Program Coordinator, Human Sexuality
Department: Human Sexuality
Supervisor: Program Chair
This is a Non-Exempt .80 FTE position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers masters and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
Serve as the administrative point of contact for the program. Oversees and ensures smooth administrative flow of the program and provides excellent customer service. More specifically, support the administrative needs of HSX Director, faculty, and students; respond to inquiries of current and prospective students; update content for website posting; update program handbook; take notes at program meetings; track enrollment in courses; post syllabi and handouts on the website; maintain program email lists; participate in the program assessment process; organize student retreats and assist in coordinating program events, including help with managing performance events; act as a liaison for potential traineeship sites and maintain site listings; support faculty in evaluation and assessment processes; answer phones and respond to inquiries in writing; maintain files and databases. Perform additional duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
COMMUNICATIONS / MARKETING / ADMISSIONS
- Serves as primary program contact for applicant, current student, and faculty inquiries (in-person, by phone, and online)
- Plans and participates in student recruitment, orientation, open houses, and information meetings
- Processes new student applications for faculty review
- Helps produce seasonal newsletter and brochure with content from Department Chair
- Maintain HSX contact lists, online presence on website, and with social media tools (Facebook and Twitter)
- Create course packets with content from faculty
- Coordinate HSX participation in festivals and events
- Coordinates and manages scheduling of courses, info sessions, special events, and meetings within program
- Creates the initial room schedule each semester. Schedules program events and also deals with a range of space-related issues throughout the year involving problem solving, implementing and interpreting policies to faculty, students, and staff related to room scheduling.
- Acts as a liaison with the Registrar, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Business Office to communicate, coordinate and facilitate program and student admissions, academic, and business matters
- Works with Education Technology in development and maintenance of program space on MyCIIS.edu
- Generates reports using Jenzabar system
- Supports academic program assessment data collection and reporting
- Updates and maintains all program information on institute website
- Supports students and faculty with technology-related problems, and connects to IT support when needed
- Maintains communication with core and adjunct faculty regarding program information, requests, deadlines, responsibilities, etc.
- Maintains the database of current students; maintains email distribution lists
- Updates course listings; requests, collects, organizes and distributes faculty course descriptions and posts syllabi and handouts on MyCIIS
- Attends Institute-wide meetings such as Schedule Process Team in order to create schedule of classes
- Updates Student Handbook and Catalog for the program
- Provide administrative support for Program Chair and faculty as needed (i.e. composing, program correspondence, check requests, course reader production, office supplies, tracking and monitoring program deadlines, copying, filing, support ad hoc committees, etc.)
- Develops administrative systems that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of department administration
- Process paperwork for hiring of student workers; supervises student workers
- Performs other duties as assigned
STUDENT GUIDANCE AND ADVISING SUPPORT
- Advises prospective students about the program and the Institute; orients new students to program and curriculum requirements, deadlines, responsibilities, and CIIS processes and procedures.
- Tracks student enrollment status each semester; maintains departmental student records; maintains and updates student roster
- Advises on matters of course degree requirements and transfer credit evaluation; helps monitor students' progress
- Advises current students of administrative policies, procedures, deadlines, and assists with orientation
- Assists students in registration and add/drop/withdrawal from classes
- Continue to develop a master list of potential traineeship sites
- Research & develop traineeship sites according to student needs; facilitate their traineeship
- Maintain relationships and contracts with traineeship sites. Contact new organizations that students show interest in that are not already developed/approved sites.
- Conduct initial placement dialogue to finalize traineeship goals, objectives, expectations and schedule.
- Draft placement agreements and receive confirmation from all parties
- Conduct monthly check-ins with site supervisors (email, phone or in person)
Note to Candidate
This position requires the:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
- Working Conditions:
- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Bachelors degree, plus minimum of two years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to interact with constituencies inside and outside of the community with diplomacy, patience, and sound judgment.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a collegial team
- Understanding of the graduate academic environment and confidentiality issues
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain an efficient office. Solid office management skills, computer and word processing skills, and capacity to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a composed and professional manner
- Strong interest and knowledge in human sexuality is preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS: DOE, 80%FTE
In this position you will receive two weeks of paid vacation to start, approximately 20 paid holidays per year, and two weeks sick leave. CIIS also offers an array of health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k, tuition remission, and more.
TO APPLY: Upload cover letter and resume (as one document) to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=10102101
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).