POSITION: Human Resources Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director, HR
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt half-time position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
Our HR Department seeks a flexible, personable person who is interested in working and learning all the facets of Human Resources and gaining a basic understanding of the HR Generalist functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate and timely data entry of all personnel data
- Maintain personnel files, including archiving and conducting audits to ensure employee files are accurate and in-compliance, proper storage & destruction of records
- Prepare and maintain HR materials such as new hire packets, employee handbook, general HR forms, and the electronic forms on the HR intranet page
- Coordinate with HR Generalist to ensure I-9 documents and other HR documentation are accurately maintained and complete in accordance with federal regulations
- Coordinate with HR Generalist to ensure processing and completion of faculty and other contracts (core, adjuncts, TAs, RAs)
- Respond to EDD requests for employment or wage verifications
- Provide quality customer service, office management, smooth work flow and backup on other HR functions
- Manage special projects as assigned
- 1-2 years previous work experience in HR highly preferred
- Knowledge and/or exposure to HRIS software knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all members of the community
- Customer service oriented and able to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision with meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Adaptability, flexible; must be able to get back on task after many disruptions
- You must be an organized individual
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10bs, occasionally
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Full benefits, salary DOE.
Upload your cover letter & resume as one document to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=570850
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).