Financial Aid Counselor
Position: Financial Aid Counselor
Department: Financial Aid Office
Supervisor: Director of Financial
FLSA Status: This is a full time Non Exempt level position
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual who will be committed to providing excellent financial aid services to our students. The candidate must have a passion for education and mentoring students and guide them to success! Applicant must be results oriented, a team player who can multi-task, have excellent phone etiquette, presentation and public speaking skills and must write well. The applicant must have the ability to handle busy phones and emails, as well as in person advising. Our financial aid office needs someone who can work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines. This position must also be able to start immediately. Under the supervision of the Director, this position performs a variety of activities to administer federal and institutional aid funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as initial contact for inquiries and information request from applicants. Must be able to provide accurate and relevant information.
- Conducts financial aid workshops and loan entrance and exit counseling.
- Disseminates policy and procedure information to students and staff.
- Advises students on financial aid options and financial planning.
- Maintains and reviews financial aid files for completeness.
- Process financial aid packages and performs verification as necessary.
- Will initiate follow-up of items requiring clarification.
- Monitors Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Maintains accuracy of database by performing frequent and regular data transfer between Financial Aid and Institutional data systems.
- Process external files into the school's financial aid systems (e.g. upload ISIRs into PowerFaids).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS, NSLDS and COD is a plus.
- Experience in financial aid a plus.
- Familiarity with federal policies and procedures; able to document and implement policies and procedures.
- Computer proficiency a must.
- Proficient in MS Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with PowerFAIDS.
- Excellent customer service and superb interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Receipt of a Bachelors degree from a 4-year university.
Upload your cover letter & resume as one document to: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=508395
Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff.