Clinical Psychology Field Placement & Student Services Specialist
Job Title: Clinical Psychology Field Placement & Student Services Specialist
Department: Clinical Psychology
Supervisor: Program Manager
FLSA Status: This is a Non-Exempt full time position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The PsyD Field Placement & Student Services Specialist is an integral part of the PsyD Department. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Clinical Training and Program Coordinator to provide outstanding service and support to students, faculty and other university departments. Candidates must be available between the hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FIELD PLACEMENT & CLINICAL TRAINING:
- Perform all administrative support functions related to field placement and clinical training
- Maintain electronic database containing student placement information, placement sites and placement supervisors
- Maintain hard copies of student placement files and records
- Track student milestones from initial entry through graduation
- Disseminate placement and clinical training information to students
- Maintain and manage Director of Clinical Training calendar
- Data Entry in Jenzabar and PsyD Program Database
- Administer systems for the completion and tracking of clinical training-related written materials, including but not limited to placement contracts, student evaluations, placement site evaluations and letters of internship eligibility
- Process letters of recommendation for faculty
STUDENT SERVICES & ADMINISTRATIVE
- Work with Program Manager to coordinate and deliver student services
- Be available to students in person and by email and phone, to answer questions
- Work closely with Registrar office, Center for Writing and Scholarship and Educational Technology depts
- Assist students with dissertation process
- Assist students with non-terminal MA, advancement to candidacy and graduation clearance process
- Assist with program accreditation related tasks
- Assist Program Manager with special projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Very strong organizational, administrative, analytical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of two - four years of administrative experience in an office environment
- Positive attitude - ability to interact with students, faculty, staff and the community with sensitivity and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and multitask across a range of responsibilities
- Self starter - must be able to work and manage time independently and efficiently
- General understanding of the graduate academic environment, including issues of confidentiality
- Familiarity with the field of psychology and/or higher-education highly desirable
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff.