California Institute of Integral Studies
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Department: Public Programs and Performances
Supervisor: Events Manager
Status: This is a half-time non-exempt position
The Events Coordinator is part of the Advancement Team at CIIS and reports to the Director of Public Programs & Performances. The Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Public Program events including large offsite lectures, conferences and concerts. In addition, the Events Coordinator will coordinate other Advancement events including receptions, donor salons, dinners, the annual Chaudhuri Dinner, board meetings, and any other strategic Advancement events as needed.
The ideal candidate will support the mission and vision of CIIS, and will enjoy being part of a fast-paced and growing Advancement team. S/he will be personable, and understand the importance of cultivating effective working relationships both internally and externally with donors, board members, artists, vendors and more. The Events Coordinator will be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Serve as the manager for special projects, conferences and other large special events for Public Programs and the Advancement team.
- Negotiate tech needs between theatre and artists' management/agent.
- Execute details from artist and theatre contracts.
- Negotiate theatre availability dates.
- Pay all vendors related to performances including artists, backline, theatre, box office, etc.
- Work with box office to set up ticket sales and provide regular ticket count reports.
- Be able to manage student workers and volunteers at events both front and back of house.
- Must be able to set up audiovisual equipment and display promotional materials at the event.
- Must be able to supervise the physical break down the set up at the end of the event.
- Serve as a liaison between CIIS and presenters/honored guests around logistical support and special needs for all events.
- Arrange catering and all other logistics for tri-annual board meetings and other Advancement receptions, salons, and dinners.
- Must be able to problem-solve with grace, humor, and efficiency, all unforeseen challenges for every event.
- Coordinate with Advancement team to develop and maintain the advancement calendar.
- Must have a valid California driver's license with reliable transportation
- Previous experience in event coordination, especially in the nonprofit field, preferred.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office suite products
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule, which includes evenings and some weekends
- College degree, preferably with a major in Communications and/or Business
- You must be able to lift up to 15 - 30 pounds
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks
NOTE TO CANDIDATE:
This position requires the ability to;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Click on the link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11811481
Please be sure to upload your cover letter and resume as one document, when prompted.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.