Enrollment Systems Analyst
Title: Enrollment Systems Analyst
Department: Dean of Academic Planning and Administration
Supervisor: Systems Analyst Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The overall purpose of this position is to establish and maintain Institute student information system (SIS) best practices that are aligned with the Institute's strategic academic, enrollment, and retention goals. This position provides SIS support and training to staff in academic programs and Enrollment Services offices. The Enrollment Systems Analyst works to ensure the integrity of information in the SIS, and the optimum methods to input, access, maintain, report and purge this information. Primary responsibilities include: supporting and training staff on SIS processes and protocols; standardizing SIS data; managing SIS data; and developing SIS reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Systems Analyst Manager, create staff trainings and materials that ensure standard and efficient use of the SIS; and conduct trainings; maintain training materials.
- Facilitate the Institute's best use of the SIS for the creation, maintenance, and purging of students records information.
- In coordination with the Database Administrator, audit SIS data; ensure and restore data integrity.
- In coordination with the Systems Analyst Manager, configure the SIS and its data elements to be in alignment with Institute policies, requirements, and business procedures.
- Assist the Systems Analyst Manager in determining how the SIS can be used to extract greater efficiencies from business procedures; implement changes in business processes or data protocols related to the use of the SIS; communicate these changes across these and other relevant departments.
- Fulfill requests for ad hoc reports; in coordination with the Systems Analyst Manager, analyze ongoing report needs; train staff to manage and run reports.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department to ensure that changes made to the SIS are accommodated in the student web portal (MyCIIS).
- Coordinate with the Registrar's Office and academic programs in the creation of each semester's class schedule and registration of students.
- In coordination with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and the Institutional Research Analyst, audit the SIS data required for internal and external reports.
- Oversee the transmission of SIS data to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Coordinate with administrative offices to ensure the security and confidentiality of SIS data in accordance with guidelines established by the Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other established standards for information security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years experience working with an integrated SIS at an institution of higher education.
- Proficient with reporting tools, relational databases, and SQL; Jenzabar experience preferred.
- Ability to explain technical functions clearly and to create a positive learning experience for non-technical staff and faculty.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Attentive to detail and well-organized.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
This position requires the ability to;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document through this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11153661
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).