Director of the Human Sexuality PhD Program
PROGRAM: Human Sexuality PhD Program
POSITION: Program Director
School of Professional Psychology and Health
California Institute of Integral Studies is an accredited institution of higher education that strives to embody spirit, intellect, and wisdom in service to individuals, communities, and the Earth. The Institute expands the boundaries of traditional degree programs with interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative learning and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. Offering a personal learning environment and supportive community, CIIS provides an extraordinary education for people committed to transforming themselves and the world.
The PhD program in Human Sexuality has an immediate opening for a full-time, dynamic and experienced academic leader, who will serve as program administrator of this interdisciplinary program. Housed within the School of Professional Psychology and Health, the Human Sexuality doctoral program is unique in providing clinical perspectives and policy understandings of human beings (LGBTQ people, heterosexual women, and heterosexual men) in the most diverse and fluid spectrum of sexual and gender variations across the life course, including desires and orientations, identities, behaviors and expressions. This vision includes psychosexual development and functioning, intimate relationships, families, spirituality, and well-being, as reflected in sexual, gender and reproductive health, rights, and policies. The program aspires to shape the inter-professional dialogue between clinical practitioners and sexuality policy leaders in the 21st century.
The Director will be entering into this position as the program begins its second year and will be working with an existing faculty and a variety of stellar PhD students. There are three major roles that the Director will be responsible for:
- Program Development and Management
- Advising, Teaching, and Research
- Organizational Outreach and Leadership
- PhD in the social/behavioral sciences, clinical psychology, public health or other appropriate field.
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and skill sets in human sexuality, and an ability to see the vision that connects policy, practice, and research to the advancement of sexual literacy in the US and globally.
In reviewing applications, the committee will place high value on:
- Leadership and management skills and experience
- Inspiring and effective teaching skills, and experience in online and hybrid teaching.
- Cultural and linguistic competency
- Academic research and publications commensurate with professorial position
- Has demonstrated 2 years' minimum grounded experience either in clinical practice at the advanced doctoral level, or significant social policy training and advocacy experience of sexual, gender identity, and/or reproductive issues and rights.
- Proven interdisciplinary background and orientation in the field of human sexuality
- Commitment to directing dissertations on a broad range of topics and experience advising students through the dissertation process.
- Competence teaching qualitative research methods.
- Academic experiences and interests in culturally diverse groups desired.
- Eager to build networks in the human sexuality field and support students in professional development.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please upload (as one document) to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8274461
- A succinct letter (not to exceed two pages) of interest that lays out your interest, and qualifications
- Sample syllabus
- A published article
- The names of three references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.