Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Job Title: Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Department: Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Academic Vice President
Status: Exempt Full-Time position
Anticipated Start Date:To be arranged
Application Deadline: December 31, 2013
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness, a newly established position, will engage collaboratively with academic programs and administrative units to define, develop, and implement effectiveness strategies and measures. The Director will partner with faculty, staff, and administrators to encourage and support a culture of assessment grounded in data integrity and evidence-based improvement. The director will provide demonstrable leadership to promote excellence in teaching, foster effective learning, and generate an affirmative environment for student success. The Director will work with relevant committees, will conduct research, will provide service and guidance to faculty and other constituents, and will assist in cultivating the Institute’s vision of educational and administrative effectiveness and quality enhancement. Initial focus of the incumbent’s energies will be directed to completing the ongoing project of establishing CLOs for all courses, PLOs for all academic programs, and ILOs for the Institute’s three schools, and preparing for the Institute’s 2015 Capacity Report to WASC.
- Provide training and guidance for faculty, programs, and administrators in outcomes assessment.
- Assist faculty and programs in the evaluation of learning outcomes and modification of course assessments to better align with learning outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with academic and administrative units to develop and implement appropriate assessment instruments and activities and to analyze their results.
- Prepare, maintain, and disseminate information related to accreditation.
- Coordinate, with the appropriate academic committee, academic program reviews; provide orientation and support to programs in designing program reviews.
- Oversee the management and application of Class Climate, the Institute’s course evaluation and Institutional surveying system.
- Supervise the Institutional Research Analyst (.5 FTE) and research assistants.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline required; doctorate highly preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in higher education evaluation, assessment, institutional research, and effectiveness. Experience must include prior work with SLOs and accreditation (WASC preferred). Experience in 4-year institutions and graduate–level institutions preferred. DOIE Position Announcement
- Expertise in assessment theories and practice, including practical strategies for engagement and reporting research findings.
- Awareness of current trends and directions in assessment and accreditation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to produce positive outcomes with faculty members reluctant to engage with assessment.
- Demonstrated commitment to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work productively on time-sensitive tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education metrics and analytics, research design, statistical analysis, and quantitative and qualitative research methods; advanced Excel skills required; SQL report writing experience preferred.
- Technical proficiency in student information systems and MS Office suite of applications.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of constituent groups.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE:
This position requires the ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs.
- Lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this position you must do the following:
- Submit your resume and cover letter as one document when prompted.
- Click on the link to Apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6532411
- You should be prepared, if requested at a later stage, to submit samples of your assessment work. Please send these materials separately to: email@example.com (Chip B. Goldstein, EdD, Dean of Academic Planning & Administration).
$70K - $75K per annum, dependent on experience.
California Institute of Integral Studies is an accredited institution of higher education that strives to embody spirit, intellect, and wisdom in service to individuals, communities and the Earth. The Institute offers interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies at three degree levels (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral) in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, women's spirituality, counseling, community mental health, and the arts. With its personal learning environment and supportive community, CIIS provides an extraordinary education for people committed to transforming themselves and the world.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.