Director of Admissions
Job Title: Director of Admissions
Supervisor: Academic Vice President
Status: This is a fulltime, Exempt level position
The Director of Admissions oversees all admissions activities for CIIS, seeks to meet enrollment targets for all CIIS academic programs, and manages admissions activities relevant to meeting these goals. The Director manages all personnel in the Admissions Office, and also works collaboratively with the faculty and staff in CIIS academic programs to ensure the highest quality of student enrollment services for the school. The Director works with the Academic Vice President to set enrollment goals and targets for all CIIS academic programs and must exercise independent judgment and manage strategic priorities for the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the outreach mission of CIIS to strategically increase enrollment with a focus on recruiting students who are a good fit for CIIS;
- Manage activities and develop action plans in order to meet enrollment targets for CIIS bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs;
- Develop and implement new recruitment activities for prospective students to the school;
- Oversee the collection and organization of accurate data regarding all phases of the enrollment process; analyze the data and make data-driven enrollment projections and decisions; communicate the analysis to CIIS administration to aid in institutional-wide planning and strategy development;
- Provide direct management of Admissions Office employees, with a focus on team-building to ensure high performance standards and a customer-service oriented environment;
- Manage and represent CIIS at on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities for the school;
- Manage and coordinate the communication flow process for all CIIS prospects and applicants utilizing prospect database; manage all CIIS prospect follow up mailings and e-mailings;
- Oversee the processing and evaluation of all applications to include the supervision of processing staff; oversight of all associated Jenzabar processing functions; and coordination of all processes related to the evaluation of application decisions;
- Oversee the development and production of marketing and advertising materials related to the recruitment and enrollment of new students to CIIS, working in collaboration with the Communications Department; and
- Other functions as assigned.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.A. required, M.A. preferred;
- 5-7 years’ experience in higher education admissions (undergraduate and/or graduate) or a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic initiatives and priorities for a team or unit;
- Proven leadership and keen willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented office;
- Strong experience using technology to support data management and presentations. Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills;
- Experience supervising or managing professional staff; and
- Experience developing innovative and effective student recruitment initiatives.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE:
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
To Apply, click on the link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6713031
Please be prepared to upload your resume and cover letter as one document, when prompted.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.