Digital Media Specialist
POSITION: Digital Media Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director, Communications
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt full-time position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers masters and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
We are currently seeking a Digital Media Specialist to help lead our digital marketing efforts.
This highly organized individual must have knowledge of all aspects of digital media and have experience working with online video, rich media, social marketing (paid and organic), mobile advertising strategies, and email marketing. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Communications, the Digital Media Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day management and strategic advancement and implementation of our digital marketing plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and monitor the day-to-day digital marketing activities, including execution of all online media plans assigned.
- Maintain the University's social media presence with up-to-date, relevant, and engaging content, including developing, maintaining, and executing an internal social media and digital calendar in conjunction with marketing and recruitment goals.
- Serve as the liaison/point person between the Communications department and internal client departments to ensure that deadlines are met and a smooth flow of communication is maintained.
- Manage the University's email marketing strategy, work with departments to build successful email list and data management procedures, and provide ongoing staff support and trainings in MailChimp.
- Monitor ad tracking and optimization services, using campaign data to optimize ad performance.
- Create compelling actionable content that produces high-response and optimal search rates.
- Serve as point of contact for external advertising vendors, managing media estimates, insertion orders, and billing.
- Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media solutions.
- Stay updated on new digital innovations and their impact on graduate and undergraduate recruitment.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Communications on content creation and optimization process from initial concept to strategy and research, approvals, fact-checking, keyword development, editing, and final proofing.
- Work closely with the Web team to post engaging content, upload videos, images, and audio files to the website, in campaigns, and social accounts as outlined through an editorial calendar.
- BA in marketing, communications, or related field
- Proven results executing social media marketing campaigns
- Ability to plan, buy, and track ad campaigns for multiple clients
- Expertise with AdWords and Google Analytics
- Expert-level experience with the following: AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop (ability to crop/resize/optimize photos for Web), and MailChimp
- Experience buying across multiple digital media channels - Paid Search, Mobile, Paid Social, and Display Advertising
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with copy writing
- Proficiency in video editing
- Very strong knowledge of all social media platforms
- Able to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10bs, occasionally
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Full benefits, salary DOE.
Upload your cover letter & resume as one document to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12747321
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).