Assistant Director of Admissions
Job Title: Assistant Director of Admissions
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Status: This is a fulltime, Exempt level position
The Assistant Director of Admissions serves as the lead Admissions Counselor and assists with the daily operations of the Office of Admissions, participates in the development and implementation of new initiatives, operational goals and objectives, and is involved with all aspects of recruiting, selecting and enrolling students at CIIS.
In addition, the Assistant Director of Admissions also works with the Director of Admissions and the Director of the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS), in all areas of the recruitment and admissions of students into the SUS. The position manages and coordinates the admissions processes and procedures of the SUS programs and is involved in working with the Directors in the development, implementation and management of the marketing and recruitment initiatives for SUS.
The Assistant Director of Admissions also serves as the primary admissions contact for other assigned programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Director of Admissions in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies for CIIS.
- As the lead Admissions Counselor works with the Director in assisting all the other Admissions Counselors in their recruitment and enrollment of students to CIIS.
- Executes the CIIS recruitment plan through participating in outreach (e.g., recruitment fairs), coordinating Information Sessions, assisting with bi-annual Open Houses, and following through on program-specific communication plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies and plans for the SUS programs and other assigned programs.
- Serves as the liaison between the CIIS Office of Admissions, the School of Undergraduate Studies, and city and county agencies and other community programs.
- Monitors the inquiry and applicant pools for other assigned programs. Conduct systematic follow-up with inquirers expressing general program interest.
- Monitors progress toward recruitment goals suggesting adjustments in action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for accessing the effectiveness of the recruitment and marketing strategies and plans and making changes when needed.
- Supervisors all student workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.A. required; M.A. preferred.
- 4-6 years admissions experience, preferably in graduate admissions
- Availability to travel particularly during extended fall recruitment season to various Bay area campuses and nation-wide.
- Bilingual skills preferred and/or demonstrated experience developing good working relations in a diverse environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to articulating and supporting the mission, vision and values of the Institute.
- Strong customer service orientation
NOTE TO CANDIDATE:
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
To Apply, click on the link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6713081
Please be prepared to upload your resume and cover letter as one document, when prompted.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.