Advising and Supervision Manager, Integral Counseling Program
Title: Integral Counseling Advising and Supervision Manager
Department: Integral Counseling Psychology
Supervisor: Program Chair and Senior Program Manager
FLSA Status: This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The Integral Counseling Psychology (ICP) Program is a 60-unit graduate degree program that prepares students to take the MFT and LPCC licensing exams in the state of California. As part of the degree requirements students must complete a year-long practicum placement in a clinic specializing in mental health counseling. The ICP program is searching for a Advising and Supervision Coordinator to help guide students on which courses to take as they progress through the degree program, and to ensure that they are prepared to begin their training in practicum. She or he will design and administer a clear system of evaluating students for practicum-readiness and advancement to practicum. Finally, the Coordinator will screen and train practicum supervisors, and work to develop additional supervisory models, such as group supervision. The Coordinator will perform some additional duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as main program contact for student needs around Course Advising, Practicum Readiness, and Supervision.
- Organizes and tracks student progress through the degree program and coordinates meetings with students' faculty advisors as needed.
- Works well and empathically with a variety of students with different needs.
- Acts as liaison between the ICP Program and other CIIS departments; works closely with the Field Placement Office and the Registrar to resolve problems as they arise.
- Maintains student advising, practicum readiness, and supervision records.
- Assists students with questions regarding course sequencing, general curriculum requirements, and completion of graduation forms.
- Assists students, along with the Field Placement Office, in finding practicum placement sites for the special needs of students who live outside the Bay Area.
- Maintains communication with ICP Practicum Supervisors as needed, approves new supervisors, and coordinates a biannual Supervisor Training.
- Develops a new system for advancement to practicum that includes evaluation of practicum readiness for each student and a computer-based data collection system for student evaluations by clinical faculty.
- Reviews supervisor evaluation forms and responds as needed.
- Facilitates practicum readiness, advising and graduation workshops every semester
- Tracks student progress through the program and clears students for graduation.
- Oversees the ICP website upgrade and social media strategy.
- Assists with events as needed.
• Masters degree required; Masters in Counseling Psychology, Higher Education or related field preferred
• Excellent counseling skills and an ability to reach out to students with enthusiasm and consistency
• Skills in academic advising
• Knowledge of the BBS MFT and LPCC licensing processes desirable
• Minimum of two years of high-end executive/administrative experience
• Excellent and demonstrated office management skills and the ability to work independently
• The ability to effectively communicate verbally and via written correspondence
• Understanding of the graduate academic environment and confidentiality issues
• Ability to interact with students, faculty, staff, and the outside community with diplomacy and poise
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Suite products
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include the position title in the subject line of your email.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).