Admissions Office Coordinator
Job Title: Admissions Office Coordinator
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Admissions
This is a FullTime non-exempt level position
Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, plus occasional weekend and evening recruiting events
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The Admissions Office Coordinator handles a broad range of duties and responsibilities that maintains, facilitates and improves the workflow/operations of the Office of Admissions and are essential to our recruitment and admissions processes. Working within the office, or with other departments, the position is empowered to, and instrumental in, identifying, developing and implementing departmental/CIIS admissions policies and workflow procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and monitors online application and student inquiry form, determining necessary upgrades, changes, etc.
- Maintains physical and electronic applicant files. Creates new files; gathers file contents from a variety of locations. Monitors status of files including file maintenance and clean up.
- Enter prospective student inquiry and application information into database.
- Processes a wide variety of application materials (applications, transcripts, recommendations); determines appropriate action (e.g., data entry, referral to counselor), files materials as appropriate.
- Works with admissions counselors to develop recruitment schedule and maintains office calendar.
- Manages web updates, utilizing content management system.
- Works with Admissions Project Coordinator and Assistant Director of Admissions on developing and implementing admission policies and workflow procedures.
- Coordinates with the Admissions Projects Coordinator the Open House and other assigned recruiting events.
- Hires and supervises student workers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and administrative experience working in higher education preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; well-organized
- Strong level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Familiarity working with databases; Jenzabar knowledge a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse environment
- This position requires the ability to;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience.
In this position you will receive two weeks of paid vacation to start, approximately 20 paid holidays per year, and two weeks sick leave. CIIS also offers an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k, tuition remission, and more.
Upload your cover letter & resume as one document to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1927351
Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE:
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).